Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I remember this moment, it echoed like the raindrops, resounding in my memory as I made my pilgrimage to the threshold for renewal. It rained today, not like any other rain, this one came with night. To gaze upon the same sight, under a different umbrella, under that same sky, as the torrents came pouring down upon me gently, it was as though God knew my tiredness and thus sent rain to grant me new strength. The pitter patter of raindrops on concrete as my cold dank feet carry me closer to that faithful spot. This time there was no sunlight, only a gentle blanket like darkness peppered with gleaming orange as the street laps illuminated the falling rain. I walked on enthralled. Above the world, the waters that come to bring new life, the currents that sweep the dirt of time, memories and hurt slosh gently against my sandals. I arrive at that same spot, one that overlooked the world and granted me a window to gleam at into the skies. It was beautiful in the dark, the sky not bring and blue, no white clouds pouring out their greyness on me. Just comforting darkness as all seemed still except my breathing and the falling rain. I closed my eyes to let nature's tear drop embrace my face, each raindrop sending a slight refreshing chill as a stacatto of rain took away my tiredness. A long weary journey, I am at its end, for now. I closed my eyes again, thinking of yesterday, thinking of today, thinking floral raindrop kisses chaste and etheral.

Posted by Jo