Monday, December 29, 2008

Enchanted
She stepped in, my heart beat faster then froze,
An angel in white such glorious beauty.
I glimpse but dare not look, my soul enthralled.
The impossibility of the world,
As i grasp at the what ifs and maybes.
A mystery surrounds her pedestal,
As i daydream of crimson rose petals,
Stumbling into her arms of embrace.
She stood still as did I and gazed gently.
I wonder how long can this dream linger,
This brief escape into love poetry.
Unrequited love without fruition,
Perhaps just a creative exercise,
Where I can freely let my hopes unfold,
In a plane where we held each other close.
I felt her near to me her heart beating,
Thumping softer as i begun to wake.
I wish father time would stay a while,
So I may dream just a little more,
Before this clouded dream all melts away,
Leaving just an angel and a poet,
Dreaming loveless upon a cold hard train.

-Joey 28/12-

Posted by Jo