Monday, September 07, 2009
Memories
I shall name this entry memory. Why such a cryptic title when most of my other entries are denied of such a luxury? I shall begin by saying that this weekend and the dawn of the week is by far filled with nostalgia and memories. It is a time of looking back, struggling fondly to catch the elusive butterflies of yesterday. Some of them are so faded they were almost dreams. But people have this knack of awakening in you these snap shots of who you were, reinforcing what you have become today.
An old friend, a great friend has returned from Thailand. Returned would be an inappropriate word and I find visit more apt for accuracy. Try when our paths diverged, it was then unthinkable how our ties will survive the test of time and distance. These are the very same thoughts I have with other butterflies, returning again and again to facilitate the cycle of death and rebirth. These few days I was truly visited by these ethereal being and how joyful and yet sad are these experiences. I must say that while prawn fishing, I do realize that with regards to the numerous aspects of our lives, we should cast caution to the wind. Otherwise the butterflies may never visit again, and these memories shall find their place dusty and dead in the annals of our own lives, revisited with sadness and nostalgia each time we reaffirm our achievements.
This week, I learnt the meaning of remembering. A grand claim, but yes, i truly come closer to embracing the importance of friends and memories.
Posted by Jo